Pittsburgh loves pizza — a lot.
So much so that our city ranks No. 2 in the nation for the number of pizza parlors per capita — 9.9 per 10,000 people, per this 2013 ranking.
We’ve got jumbo slices, Detroit-style pizza, wood-fired varieties and even pizza topped with cold cheese. But with all that choose from, we want to know: Which is the Ultimate Pittsburgh Pizza?
We need your help to narrow the field to just 32 contenders for an NCAA-style bracket. You’ve previously helped us find the Ultimate Pittsburgh Fish Fry champion and the Ultimate Pittsburgh Food Truck, so we know we can count on you.
We’re launching this search on National Cheese Pizza Day. (Yes, that’s a thing. Celebrate accordingly.) But the bracket is not limited to just cheese varieties — tell us which pizza spots boast out-of-this-world toppings, too.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominate your favorites.
- We’ll use that list, along with our research, to create a bracket.
- Come back and vote your favorite into each new round, so it can eventually be named the Ultimate Pittsburgh Pizza. (Bragging rights included.)
Also worth mentioning:
- Parlors outside of Pittsburgh proper welcome.
- Base your nomination on the quality of the pizza — or on the overall pizza parlor experience.
- Yes, restaurants, bars and food trucks count.
Nominate your favorites by 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 21, using this Google form.