Update, Sept. 23: Meet the winner of the Ultimate Pittsburgh Pierogi Bracket
Update, Sept. 14: Which pierogi will be crowned the Ultimate Pittsburgh Pierogi? Vote now
11 a.m. Sept. 6: Voting for this round has closed.
The only two non-churches to advance to the Elite 8 — Our Place Homemade and Pittsburgh Pierogi Truck — weren’t pitted against religious organizations in the Sweet 16. Here’s how the races went down.
Quadrant 1 (upper left)
- 54 percent of votes went to Our Place Homemade (knocking out Pierogies Plus)
- 63 percent of votes went to Epiphany of Our Lord (offing St. John the Baptist Ukrainian Catholic Church). For the second round in a row, Epiphany of Our Lord earned the titles of the contender with the most votes and winner of the most voted-in race.
Quadrant 2 (lower left)
- 80 percent of votes went to Holy Trinity Ukrainian Catholic Church (ousting Butterjoint)
- 81 percent of votes went to Holy Family Parish (nixing City Fresh Pasta)
Quadrant 3 (upper right)
- 61 percent of votes went to Saints Peter and Paul Ukrainian Church (wiping out S&D Polish Deli)
- 63 percent of votes went to Pittsburgh Pierogi Truck (quashing Church Brew Works)
Quadrant 4 (lower right)
- 66 percent of votes went to Saint Mary of the Mount Parish (besting Bubba’s)
- 60 percent of votes went to St. George Ukrainian Catholic Church (defeating Gosia’s Pierogies)
Vote for the Final 4
Will Our Place Homemade and Pittsburgh Pierogi Truck also lose their spots to the church bloc? Will Epiphany of Our Lord continue to overshadow its competitors? That’s up to you.
Cast your votes here or below for the Final 4 by 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 6.