Nominate your favorite brewery in ‘tahn for The Incline’s Ultimate Pittsburgh Brewery Bracket!
Tell us about your go-to local brewery by 12 p.m., Monday, June 28.
It’s officially summer, and what better time to celebrate with an ice-cold brew? 🍻
Pittsburgh is home to nearly 70 local breweries (in and around the city) slinging a variety of brews from summer shandys to coffee-roasted porters to funky sours. But with all that to choose from, we want to know: Which is the Ultimate Pittsburgh Brewery?
We need your help to narrow the field to just 32 contenders for an NCAA-style bracket.
Here’s how it works:
- Nominate your favorite local brewery.
- We’ll use that list to create The Ultimate Pittsburgh Brewery bracket.
- Come back and vote your favorite into each new round, so it can eventually be named the Ultimate Pittsburgh Brewery. (Bragging rights included.) Who advances in each round is strictly based on the number of votes for that round. So every vote in every round counts!
Also worth mentioning:
- Breweries outside of Pittsburgh proper are welcome, but try to keep ‘em close to ‘tahn.
- Base your nominations on the quality of the brewery — or on its level of PGH funkiness. Is it the most unique brewery our city has to offer? What makes it stand out from the crowd? Are they doing something super inventive, creative, or good for our community? We want to know!
Questions? Email us at [email protected]
Nominate your favorites by 12 p.m. Monday, June 28 using this form. ⬇️
Here’s a quick primer on how our brackets work:
Who lands on a bracket?
The original 32 slots are based on reader nominations and staff research. There’s a nomination period before each bracket to collect recommendations on who to include. There is no fee to participate, and you can’t buy a spot in the bracket.
Keep on votin’.
Who advances in each round is strictly based on the number of votes for that round. We’ve had some tight match-ups, so every vote counts! Yes, you can vote more than once in each round.
How can I sponsor a bracket?
So you want a sponsor spot like Caliente’s Pizza and Drafthouse? Our sales team works with companies who want to sponsor brackets and related events. For more information, contact Benjamin Chaffee.
Tell your friends!
Contenders are welcome to encourage their fans to vote for them. Past participants have posted flyers and created social media campaigns to rally their troops. If you post on social, use the hashtag #TheInclineBreweryBracket. Visit the links to see The Incline’s past Ice Cream and Fish Fry brackets.